Become a mentor
Am I eligible to mentor?
who is a University of Sydney graduate can become a mentor.
What if I've never formally mentored others before?
Alumni need no
previous mentoring experience - simply a desire to help a student or
another alumnus, and the willingness to share their time and life
experience on a mutually agreed basis.
Why should I consider becoming a mentor?
provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the career development of
a student or fellow alumnus by sharing knowledge you have acquired
through years of experience.
Are there benefits to being a mentor?
As a University of Sydney Mentor, you'll gain:
- gratification inherent to the gifting your experiences and advice
- respect from others as they witness your giving back to the university and your community
- enhanced coaching, communication and leadership skills
- valuable emotional intelligence
- increased confidence and sense of self-worth
- reinforced academic knowledge
- expanded professional and personal networks
- knowledge and insight from your mentee
- gratitude and appreciation from your mentee(s)